Usually, miter saws will help you cut different building materials, including flooring, siding, PVC pipes, and lumbar. If you need accurate angles cut, only the bevel miter saw will be the best option for professionals and beginners.
There are various types of miter saws available in the market. Each of them comes with different cutting efficacies and functionalities. It would help if you chose the miter saw according to your cutting criteria and requirements.
The most critical decision for many woodworkers and DIY artisans is to decide between the single bevel or double bevel miter saw. Here, in this article, we will discuss the advantages, disadvantages, differences, and features of both single bevel and double bevel miter saw.
It will help you to quickly decide which one you will need to get your project done. Both the miter saws are helpful, durable, and easy to use. Please scroll your mouse button to know the different woodcutting operations of both the miter saws.
What is a Bevel Cut?
Primarily, there are four types of cuts available, including- bevel cut, miter cut, crosscut, and compound cut. You can describe the bevel cut as an angled cut.
Therefore, a bevel miter saw will help you do the angles cuts, typically, besides 90-degrees. You can even change the tip of your saw blade to do the bevel cut.
It is the cut that you will notice with a doorstop. That indicates you can make the bevel cut along the thickness of the board.
The Single Bevel Miter Saw
A single bevel miter saw is very user-friendly and available in a simple design. Therefore, it is trendy for most woodworkers. You can find this basic miter saw model in most of the workshops worldwide.
It would help if you considered a single bevel miter saw because it rotates only in a single direction in the edges. It would help if you flipped the edge plane to get the same cut on it.
It allows you to make the slope cut up to a 45degree angle along with the width of the workpiece. This bevel cut will help you to trim the corner projects. You will find most of the miter saws up to 45-degrees cut angle and 1–47-degree bevelled angles.
Make sure you must carefully flip the workpiece to get both the angles similar. Moreover, you can make both the bevel cut and the miter cut with a single bevel miter saw.
It is most suitable to do simple projects and some DIY ones. It is available in a compact size. For those who are going to work with large wood pieces, a single bevel mitre saw will be the best option.
Most single bevel miter saws are designed to help the right-handed woodworkers get the left bevels accurately and efficiently. It is relatively cheaper than a double bevel miter saw.
A single bevel miter saw is very user-friendly to help the entry-level or beginner woodworkers primarily. Most importantly, if you can give more time and effort, you can manage all the double miter saw cuts using only a single bevel miter saw.
Advantages of the Single Bevel Miter Saw
- Cheap and affordable: For those looking for the cheap miter saws available in the market, this will be the best solution for them. You can get numerous basic models available under the $100 range.
You may have to shred a couple of hundred dollars to get the powerful saws.
- Suitable for home improvement: Whether you are a beginner or a professional craftsman, this tool is beneficial for home renovation projects.
It is because this tool is very reliable to do various cuts done perfectly.
- Easy to use: Basically, a single bevel miter saw is more user-friendly than the double one. The primary reason for this is the blade of this mitre saw can rotate only in a single direction.
Therefore, it is easy for all beginner woodworkers to get the bevel cuts done accurately.
- Versatility: This versatile tool allows you to do all the cuts that a double mitre saw can. Only you need to give a little more time and effort.
Disadvantages of Single Bevel Miter Saw
- Turning the workpiece manually: If you want to get the bevel cuts on both sides of your workpiece, you must turn it manually. Therefore, you should be careful enough to get both angles accurate.
- Relatively slower: Though the blade of the single mitre saw is very fast, but you need a long time to get your job done. It is because you need to flip the workpiece manually every time you work.
- Not compatible with large wood pieces: Indeed, a single bevel miter saw is not compatible with the large wood pieces.
Some of the Leading Single Bevel Miter Saw Reviews
Dewalt 12-inch DWS715 miter saw is an excellent tool that allows you to do all the moulding and cutting jobs very quickly and accurately. It comes with a powerful motor to help you do all the cutting jobs very efficiently.
This stainless-steel made miter saw is very strongly built and is a very versatile tool. A 12-inch carbide blade is present to do all the cutting jobs very efficiently.
This carbide blade and the 15-amp powerful motor will help you do all the cutting jobs, including moulding, mitre-cutting, and crosscutting, very efficiently and fast.
You will also find a tall sliding fence present in this compound miter saw to support the crown moulding. Moreover, it comes with 0 to 40 left, and 0 to 3 suitable bevel cut capacities.
Also, a lock handle is there to safeguard the saw from sliding. This lightweight miter saw weighs only 44lbs to make it user-friendly. It comes with a cut line indicator to view the cutting path.
This miter saw is sturdy enough that it can cut even rough and challenging surfaces. 4000 rpm speed is present to do all the cutting jobs very efficiently and fast.
- Made with stainless-steel
- Designed with a 12-inch blade along with 14 stops
- The tall sliding fence is present
- It comes with 0-48 left and 0-3 right bevel cut
- The lock handle is present
- Enabled with a cut line indicator
Metabo HPT compound miter saw is another great tool to help the woodworkers, carpenters, and framers to achieve their precision. It comes with a powerful 15-amp motor and 5,000 RPM speed to do the miter cuts and crosscuts even on the most challenging wood pieces.
Also, this cutting tool is very lightweight to help you with easy transport. A clamping mechanism is present to hold the wood piece securely in place. It comes with up to 45-degree bevel cuts to help you with an accurate cutting job.
Moreover, you will find a dust collector present in this tool to make your floor clean. You will also have a 0–52-degree miter angle range to help you with the left and proper flexibility.
You can also easily adjust your miter saw with the thumb actuated positive stops. The manufacturers designed this tool with a horizontal handle to ensure a secure hold.
Most importantly, you are going to have a 5-years manufacturing warranty with this cutting tool.
- A 15-amp motor along with 5,000 RPM speed
- It comes with a 0-52 degrees miter angle range
- 0-45-degree bevel range
- Designed with a horizontal handle and a clamping system
- 5-years manufacturing warranty
The Double Bevel Miter Saw
You can move the saw head of a double bevel miter saw in both directions. That indicates you can make an accurate angle cut in both directions without flipping the workpiece manually.
For this, all the professional woodworkers prefer this miter saw as it helps you get accurate cuts and minimizes human errors. Also, it can save your time by finishing the work faster than a single bevel saw.
Also, for those who used to work on big projects, this tool will be the best solution for them. It would help if you only compromised with this double bevel saw because they are a little heavier than the single ones.
Also, double bevel miter saws are a bit expensive. You can consider this tool to be the most versatile one available in the market for all these features.
Advantages of the Double Bevel Miter Saw
- Free from hassle: You need not repeatedly rotate or adjust your work piece to get the bevel cuts done accurately. You are only required to tilt the saw blade to get the job done.
- Broad compatibility: This cutting tool has all the top features to make it compatible with almost every material.
- Provides accuracy: This tool offers accuracy and precision to make it popular with most professional workers.
Disadvantages of Double Bevel Miter Saw
- Expensive: Double bevel miter saws come with loads of excellent features and functionalities. Therefore, it is a little pricier than the single miter saws.
- Heavy: It is also a little heavy than the previous type. Though you can easily carry it with you.
Some of the Leading Single Bevel Miter Saw Reviews
For those working with different kinds of larger projects, DeWalt DWS780 will be the best option to choose. It is one of the most versatile tools that can cut up to 16-inches at a 90-degree angle.
Most importantly, this versatile tool can cut both the horizontal miter and vertical bevels simultaneously. It will help you to make even the most challenging job easy and fast.
An LED light is present to get the miter saw a shadow on the workpiece. Therefore, you can view the cutting surface. So that you can use this miter saw very carefully and efficiently.
It also comes with ten positive bevel stops to ensure a quick adjustment. A dust collector can also collect up to 75% dust to keep your floor clean and safe.
It is available in a compact size to help you quickly store this tool.
- It comes with a cutline blade
- Designed with an LED light
- Enabled with dust collector
- The lock handle is present
- 50-degree left and 60-degree right to offer a vast miter capacity
Skil dual bevel miter saw is another excellent value for money option. It offers not only adjustability but also miter cuts and bevel cuts in both directions. The high-grade cast Aluminum made miter saw is robust and sturdy.
Moreover, it is lightweight to help you quickly carry it with you. You will also find an integrated handle present in this saw to secure it in the mitred position. A 15-amp powerful motor along with 4800 RPM speed is current to make the cutting job accurate and fast.
The manufacturers design this tool with bright LED light to help you get your cuts with minute accuracy. Moreover, it is lightweight, compact, and comes with an in-built lock handle.
It also comes with a clamp mechanism to securely hold our work materials.
- 15-amp motor with 4,800 RPM speed
- It comes with four positive stops
- Designed with LED bright light
- Offers both left and right cuts up to 50-degree
- Enabled with clamp mechanism
This article has helped you to know the details and the review of some of the miter saws of both types. Therefore, you should consider your requirements before choosing one to serve your purpose.
However, you should pay a little extra to get the double bevel miter saw. So, those who do not have budget restrictions and want to achieve more accuracy can go with the latter one.
On the other hand, a single bevel miter saw is a cost-effective solution to help mainly beginners. Overall, both the miter saws are inferior and come with loads of innovative features.